A favorite event among locals – and Thanksgiving holiday visitors alike – is our annual Turkey Trot. What could be better than going for a run and/or walk first thing on Thanksgiving morning … so that you can justify indulging a little bit more over all the wonderful foods served for Thanksgiving dinner. We think this event is a brilliant idea – and so do our racers!
Bring your entire family and join us for this very fun race to support a great cause – each year the proceeds benefit the La Conner Braves Booster Club and a selected athletic program.
The date is always Thanksgiving Day, and the race starts at 8:00 a.m. Thanksgiving-inspired attire is encouraged. You can register ahead of time, or you can register onsite between 6:30 and 7:45 a.m. the morning of the race at the La Conner High School gym. The race begins and ends at the La Conner High School and includes a loop through the streets and parks of La Conner. The Turkey Trot is a 5k race that is chip-timed if you are pre-registered and also includes a free Kids Dash – a shorter course for young children.
Would you like to be involved?
1. Sponsorship – We have Sponsor Levels for everyone! Benefits include logo on t-shirts, websites, social media, race entries, t-shirts and more!
2. Donate a Prize – There is a raffle give away at the end of the race from everything from massages to pumpkin pies – an easy opportunity for everyone to be involved!
3. Help with Race Administration – Helping with set up day before (afternoon for 3 hours) and or help with morning of registration and packet pick-up on Thanksgiving morning (Done by 10:30am)
4. Help promote the race on social media by ‘sharing’ and spread the word.
5. Sign-up and participate – There are usually 350 runners, but we have room for more!
We are rounding up sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or donating a prize, please contact Madison Thulen, La Conner Running Race Director, at email@example.com.