La Conner Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Position
The mission of the La Conner Chamber of Commerce is to advance the La Conner area’s economic, cultural, and civic welfare. We are dedicated to promoting La Conner as a vibrant business community while at the same time preserving the uniqueness and charm that makes La Conner such a wonderful place to live, work and visit.
Position Title: Executive Director
Report To: Executive Board of the La Conner Chamber Board of Directors
Full-Time Position – 40 hours per week, exempt. Salary is dependent on experience and education.
Benefits – Vacation and Sick Leave.
Responsible for the operations of the Chamber’s goal, mission, vision and purpose and for the operating efficiency of the Chamber and Visitor Center. Responsible for building and maintaining community relationships. Serves as liaison with outside support industries and visitors to La Conner.
- Convenes monthly Executive Board Meeting and Chamber Board Meeting
- Attends La Conner Town Council, Community and Association meetings as needed
- Produces bi-weekly e-newsletters – one for visitors and one for Chamber members
- Outside Industry Board participation encouraged with Executive Board approval
- Primary contact for all media communications for the Chamber
Visitor Information Center
- Provide overall management of the Visitor Information Center
- Recruit and train volunteers to serve in the Visitor Center
- Coordinate Volunteer Schedule and cover shifts as needed
- Track brochures and work with volunteers to order necessary replacements
- Provide Chamber communication and updates with members a needed
- Conduct Annual Renewal campaign in June, sending renewal letters and annual reports to members. Manage renewal project through October.
- Primary Community contact for the Chamber, including but not limited to regular visits with members and non-members as a representative of the Chamber.
- Manage Website lovelaconner.com. Work with contracted marketing specialist to keep SEO up to date, provide original content for featured stories and overall website updates.
- Prepare and/or direct preparation of correspondence and press releases for media publications.
- Maintain the on-line calendar with updated monthly events and other campaigns.
- Expertise managing multiple social media accounts
- Media buys –Purchase print, on-line and radio advertising as deemed necessary per event schedule and seasonal campaigns and apappropriate with the approved budget.
- Provide budget planning, committee organization & communication, marketing and on-site management for Chamber events
- Recruit, train and schedule volunteers to assist with events
- Chamber Events may include (but not limited to):
- Ribbon cuttings, Open Houses, Chamber After Hours
- La Conner Birding Showcase
- Annual Community Information Night
- La Conner Daffodil Festival & events associated with it.
- Annual Chamber Membership Meeting
- Annual Chamber Fundraiser
- La Conner Classic Boat & Car Show
- La Conner Brew on the Slough
- La Conner Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Holiday Ladies Night Out
- Assist Members with their events – promotion and volunteer recruitment
- With Executive Board, create annual budget
- Manage finances according to the approved budget
- Maintain monthly accounts payable and receivable – working with contracted Bookkeeper
- Work with bookkeeper on monthly reports and filing of taxes
- Produce annual application for Town of La Conner Lodging Tax Funds and monitor use of Lodging Tax funds. Submit quarterly reimbursement requests to the Town.
The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Work is subject to occasional irregular hours (evenings, weekends, and holidays), sometimes on short notice.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Administration preferred. Experience working in a Chamber of Commerce is highly desirable. Experience developing and conducting marketing programs is preferred. Experience with non-profits and Board structure is desirable. Strong working knowledge of office computer systems utilizing Microsoft Office is required.
Requires knowledge of:
- Basic Supervisory techniques and procedures.
Requires the ability to:
- Be flexible, organized and work well under deadlines.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with community, members, and other stakeholders.
- Organize, manage, and/or supervise multiple ongoing projects and bring them to conclusion.
- Interact effectively with Board, volunteers and the public; the ability to work in a positive collaborative team environment.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in advancing the Chamber’s interests to the public.
- Cultivate new Chamber relationships, memberships, support and involvement within our community.
Must enjoy working with the public, meeting new people, partnering with volunteers.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Must hold a current state driver’s license and have valid auto insurance.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to assist with special events, set-up and take-down.
- May be required to lift up to 20-40 pounds.
- Requires performing primary office functions, sitting, standing with repetitive motions of fingers and hands.
It is La Conner Chamber of Commerce policy not to discriminate against any person with regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status or physical or mental disability.