https://lovelaconner.com/wp-content/uploads/Purple-Kayak-Thumbnail.jpg 155 250 Love La Conner https://lovelaconner.com/wp-content/uploads/La-Conner-Washington-Logo-800x135.png Love La Conner2012-02-02 17:45:462012-09-20 17:10:56Summer Activities – from our 101 Things to Do list*
Summer Activities – from our 101 Things to Do list*
We love the long days of summer in La Conner! With more daylight hours, there’s more time to play – and in a valley like ours there are so many opportunities! We’re the perfect weekend getaway, we’re the perfect stopping spot if you’re on your boat, if you’re a bicyclist we have amazing places to spin your wheels … the list goes on and on and on. We’re certain about one thing – because we’re only just a little over an hour from Seattle, about 2 hours from Vancouver, and an easy trip if you live further afield – you can play to your heart’s content for several hours or several days and never get bored. Come visit us this summer!
- Stop by La Conner Marina for the annual Father’s Day Swap Meet and Boat Show, hosted by La Conner Yacht Sales.
- Bring your friends and family to La Conner for our July 4th celebration! We have a parade, music and a night-time fireworks display on the Channel, and there are lots of fun shops and restaurants to keep you busy in between daylight and dark.
- Find out how La Conner got its name at the Louisa Ann Conner memorial located in Pioneer Park.
- Take a walk on the wild side by visiting our Swinomish Channel, home to seals, Bald Eagles, Great Blue Herons and otters.
- Walk along the La Conner Marina (north and south basins) and view our gorgeous classic, new and used boats.
- At the roundabout, enroll with La Conner’s Hedlin Farms for their summer CSA program. While you’re there, purchase locally grown produce – perfect for all your summer meals!
- Refresh yourself with an ice cream cone at the La Conner Ice Cream Tower, an old water tower moved to La Conner.
- Enjoy the annual La Conner Classic Boat Show in August.
- Hike Pioneer Park’s trails – one goes under the bridge toward town and others go up the rock bluff on the town side of the bridge.
- Grab an iced latte` in La Conner and stroll through the residential areas. We have lots of amazing gardeners!
- Stop by our local nurseries and garden stores and pick up summer-blooming annuals to fill your extra pots and flowerbeds.
- U-pick strawberries, raspberries and blueberries from Skagit Valley’s local berry farms.
- Cruise through Deception Pass on a jet boat that takes you around Deception Island. Deception Pass Tours
- Pack a picnic and take your boat out to explore one of the small islands, including Hope, Goat, Skagit, Cypress and Saddlebag. Or, stay the night and enjoy a sunset and sunrise.
- Visit Kicket Island, the newest acquisition by the Washington State Parks Department and open to the public for the first time.
- Take advantage of all of the hiking opportunities our valley offers. You can get all sorts of information here.
- Enroll your kids in La Conner Regional Library’s Summer Reading Program. Prizes for those who keep reading all summer!
- Take a minute to enjoy La Conner’s Butterfly Garden, adjacent to the Civic Garden Club building located on Second Street.