A grassroots campaign has come together in La Conner to offer a discount to Canadian visitors this fall. “We love our Canadian visitors and recognize how the fluctuation in the dollar can impact their travel plans over the border,” said the La Conner Chamber of Commerce Director Heather Carter.
To help make up for the “low loonie,” the following businesses are offering a 10% discount now until November 15th, 2019 to our Canadian neighbors. Just mention the discount at check out and show a valid Candian ID.
- Fine Feathered Friends
- La Conner Artist’s Gallery
- Mary Davis Vintage Lighting
- Olive Shoppe / Ginger Grater
- Pleasant Ridge Bed & Breakfast *please mention at time of booking
- Katy’s Inn Bed & Breakfast *good for a stay of 2 or more nights and use Promo Code MAPLELEAF
- La Conner Sips – offer applies to both food and drink
- Thrive Direct Health Care offers medical care and access to commonly prescribed medications for an affordable walk in fee
As of June 2012, the Canadian Border Services Agency increased the amount you can bring back from the U.S. duty-free, making it even easier to cross-border shop. For a 24-hour trip, you can bring back CAN$200 worth of duty-free goods (increased from $50), a 48-hour-or-more trip allows you CAN$800 of duty-free goods (increased from $400), and a seven-days-or-more trip allows you to bring back CAN$800 worth of duty-free goods! (Note: Values may not include alcohol and tobacco; check here for details.)