A favorite event among locals – and Thanksgiving holiday visitors alike – is the annual La Conner Turkey Trot. The Turkey Trot is a hometown run on Thanksgiving morning in the beautiful waterfront town of La Conner, Washington. What could be better than going for a run or walk first thing on Thanksgiving morning so that you can justify indulging a little bit more of the wonderful foods served for Thanksgiving dinner? We think this event is a brilliant idea – and so do our racers!
The La Conner Schools Booster Club hosts the Turkey Trot. Bring your entire family and enjoy this Thanksgiving morning tradition to support a great cause – this year’s proceeds will benefit the La Conner High School football program helping supply student-athletes with the equipment, implements, and opportunities to help make them successful.
The date is always Thanksgiving Day, and the race starts at 8:00 a.m. Thanksgiving-inspired attire is encouraged. You can register ahead of time at Active.com, or you can register onsite between 6:30 and 7:45 a.m. the morning of the race at the La Conner High School gym. The race begins and ends at the La Conner High School and includes a loop through the streets and parks of La Conner. The Turkey Trot is a 5k race that is chip-timed if you are pre-registered and also includes a free Kids Dash – a shorter course for young children.
What other race in the world gives every participant a free bag of locally-grown potatoes?!
This year for 2019, we have many great prizes awarded to the top three overall finishers. Also, we are raffling off more prizes during the race. One raffle ticket comes with each registration. Be sure to check back in the gym after the race to see if you won. Although, all runners are winners and receive a free bag of Pioneer Potatoes!
Event Details and Schedule
Thanksgiving Thursday, November 28, 2019
· 6:30 am: Day-of registration opens. Pick up bib number and sign waiver (if you haven’t signed already), T-shirts for sale $15
· 7:45 am: Registration closes
· 8:00 am: Race begins
· Post-race: Refreshments and raffle
Please park in high school and elementary school lots, and be sure to bring your ID. Any Thanksgiving-inspired attire would be most welcome. Look out for traffic and stay on the course. Signs and volunteers will point you in the right direction.We are going to chip time the 5K race for those who are PRE-REGISTERED and will have published results at our website and at the Active Results website. The 2K walk will not have official published results.
Ways to Get Involved
1. Sponsorship – For a generous donation, your company can have their name and logo on the shirts, digital media, and printed material. The goal of sponsorship is to cover the overhead cost of the event, so 100% of race registration goes to help the La Conner Football Program and the La Conner Braves Booster Club.
2. Donate a Prize – There is a raffle give away at the end of the race from everything from massages to pumpkin pies – an opportunity for good publicity or help out.
3. Help with Race Administration – Helping with setting up day before (afternoon for 3 hours) and or help with morning of registration and packet pick-up on Thanksgiving morning (Done by 10:30 am)
4. Help promote the race on social media by ‘sharing’ and spread the word.
5. Sign-up and participate – We are hoping to have over 350 people this year!
For more information:
La Conner Running Race Director