7th Annual La Conner Daffodil Festival 2021
While the tulips are our most famous blooms, there’s nothing quite as wonderful as entire fields of bright, cheery daffodils against our Mt. Baker backdrop. In these trying times, we all can use a bright field of daffodils to brighten up our spring! Follow us for the most current updates of the 7th Annual La Conner Daffodil Festival as we welcome the Golden Trumpets of Spring!
La Conner Daffodil Festival Fun Facts
- According to Brent Roozen, owner of RoozenGaarde and the Washington Bulb Company, RoozenGaarde grows more than 450 acres of daffodils, compared to 350 acres of tulips.
- The three major varieties planted are Dutch Master, Flower Carpet, and Standard Value – Dutch Master is the world’s most popular daffodil.
- Fields of daffodils are left intact through the bloom cycle and beyond, unlike tulips which are ‘topped’ toward the end of their bloom cycle.
- Daffodil crops are only rotated every three years, versus an every-year rotation for tulips – fields that are three years old this year will be a solid wash of bright yellow.
Self-Guided Tours Through the Beautiful Fields
Check out the Bloom Map and plan your route! The daffodil fields will turn from grey to yellow when in bloom.
Roozengaarde’s display garden is open now, visit the classic gardens at no charge through Thursday, March 25. (Fees will March 26 on).
This year is a bit different and you must make advance reservations for March 25th – through April – CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!
DRIVE AROUND AND ENJOY THE BLOOM! (Please do not walk in the private fields…)
La Conner Daffodil Festival Photo Contest
THANK YOU – WE HAD MORE THAN 100 ENTRIES AND THEY WERE ALL BEAUTIFUL. SO MANY THAT WE MAY HAVE TO CREATE A CALENDAR OR NOTE CARDS!
For the 7th Annual La Conner Daffodil Festival, we are looking for photos of the Daffodil fields from three age categories:
- Kids – Up to age 12 / PRIZE: $25.00 and Spring themed gift bag
- Teen – 12-18 / PRIZE: $75.00
- Adults / PRIZE: $150.00 and your photo will be the featured image for next year’s Festival
“Entrants to the photo contest must ensure their pictures provide an accurate and fair representation of the scene they witnessed so the audience is not misled.”
Please do not walk into the private fields, pets are not allowed in the fields/display gardens
Kids and Teen voting will be done through the chamber and winners in each category will be announced on April 14th
Adult category voting will be done by public vote through Facebook and Instagram. Voting will take place April 7-13, winner announced April 14th.
La Conner Daffodil Artwork Online Raffle
Congratulations Sandra H! You will be taking home the beautiful original painting “Golden Trumpets of Spring” painted by Cyndi Davis.
March 5 – First on First, Late Night in La Conner
March 5 – Chalk it up La Conner!
March 6 – La Conner Rotary Virtual Smelt Run
March 6 – Kiwanis Spring Craft Bazaar
March 6, 13, 27 – Online gardening classes w. Christianson’s Nursery
Follow us at:
La Conner Daffodil Festival Facebook Page
Instagram – @LoveLaConner/